Create the civilization with the most accumulative history, starting at the beginning of humankind and reaching into the future. The paths you choose will vary greatly from real-world events or people; your civilization is unique!
In Tapestry, you start from nothing and advance on any of the four advancement tracks (science, technology, exploration, and military) to earn progressively better benefits. You can focus on a specific track or take a more balanced approach. You will also improve your income, build your capital city, leverage your asymmetric abilities, earn victory points, and gain tapestry cards that will tell the story of your civilization.
- Guide your civilisation through 5 main eras (turns).
- When guiding through the eras, you will:
- collecting resources
- use resources to advance your civilisation in science, technology, exploration and military
- decide which advancement track to focus on
- The level of advancement influences types of building and landmarks you can place in your capital city. This will determine your victory points.
- The player with the most victory points by the end of 5 eras is the winner.
On each turn, you perform one of the following actions:
INCOME: Collect Income to begin a new era or
ADVANCE: Advance your player token on an advancement track by paying the cost and gaining the resulting benefit
Play proceeds clockwise to the next player
How to win?
- The game ends at different times for each player.
- Your game ends when you finish your final (5th) income turn.
- Gain benefits from your civilization, 1 upgrade, and victory points as shown on your income mat, but you cannot play a tapestry card or gain income.
- If other players still have turns after your game has ended, you may still gain victory points from passive civilization abilities, but you cannot gain anything else.
- When all players have taken their final income turns, the winner is the player with the most victory points.
Game time: 180 minutes